Saturday, February 27, 2010

Parenthood = Totally worth it

Eve and I were sharing breakfast at a little cafe near Dave's office yesterday. I had her on my lap while she was eating her muffin, and I was just enjoying having her close to me. I asked her, "Have I told you lately that I love you?"

She replied, "No, but everything you do makes me feel that you love me."

________________________________________________________________

More about the MonsterBeast- apparently the spark of inspiration for the MonsterBeast came from the Chinese New Year's festival we went to at the Lan Su Garden. Dave and Eve watched a 5-minute video about the traditions and origins of the Chinese New Year's celebrations, including the food, the red envelopes, the lion/dragon dancing, and so on. Apparently there was a brief description of a monster that the Chinese were supposedly trying to scare away. Eve insisted on watching the video twice, because she wanted to get another look at "the MonsterBeast". So there you go. Dave says that all the details that Eve has attributed to the MonsterBeast have been her own inventions- the video just said that the Beast was terrorizing the villagers and ruining their crops. Eve told me that the MonsterBeast kidnaps pregnant ladies and keeps them locked in a dungeon. Great.

No comments: