We're still getting to know this new person we gave to the world. She is a fussier baby than I recall Eve being- almost colicky, especially in the evenings. She's still working on getting into a groove as far as a daytime routine- her naps and feedings vary a lot from day to day. We're starting to discern what works (and what doesn't), so hopefully things will get better. But at least nighttimes have been pretty painless- she's up a few times during the night, but goes right back to sleep, and we've had quite a few 5-hour stretches- aaahhh. I can't figure out why she won't settle down and sleep in the same bassinet for naps.
She has a wonderful smile- her first smile came right after her first bath at home. (She hates her bath and tends to scream bloody murder the whole time.) We were getting her dried off with her towel, and Eve grabbed a dry washcloth and was rubbing Willa's head with it, and Willa gave Eve a great big gummy smile. She seems to like having her head rubbed (gently, Eve, gently).
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Eve graduated from Goldfish to Penguins! These are the swim class levels- you get to be a Penguin when you can put your face in the water and blow bubbles. I told her a long time ago that when she made it to Penguins, we would go to Build-a-Bear. So we went today to celebrate. It was our first visit- it was pretty fun. In the future, if I use Build-a-Bear as a motivator, I will offer a new accessory... getting a bear with all the bells and whistles is rather spendy. But Eve earned it- I'm pleased that she's making progress at swim class, and it's neat to see her so proud of her achievement.
No comments:
Post a Comment