Sunday, May 29, 2011

And more words

Moo (when she sees a cow)
Woof (when she sees a dog)
Sock
Shoe
Ball
Baby
Mama (pretty sure she meant me for real- sometimes I'm not sure- she doesn't say it as often as I'd like. But she heard my voice from another room and came a-crawlin' to find me, saying "mama mama mama", so I think that counts.)
No (accompanied by exaggerated head-shaking, for emphasis). Grreat.

When she feels she is done with dinner, she makes her "all done" sign, which is to put both hands up and rotate them back and forth (sort of a double princess-wave). When we don't get her out of her high chair right away, she'll stick her hands up higher and higher each time, until she's made her point.

I asked her today if she needed a fresh diaper, and she said, "Poop". It turned out that she was just wet, but she hasn't learned to say that yet, so I guess she went with what she could say.

She's also getting bolder, in terms of letting go of hands or furniture to "stand free". No independent steps yet, but she LOVES to push her cart around. It cracks her up every time she runs it into something. Grrreat.

1 comment:

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

It was so great to see you and the girls at Maggie's birthday party.

I can't believe how verbal Willa is! Bennett hardly says anything consistently.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi. :)