Monday, February 27, 2012

Old Faithful

Willa is weaned. I'm glad to have my body back to myself, and she's certainly big enough now, but it's a little bittersweet to close the door on that chapter of my life.

This morning, Willa said, "I love you, Mommy." It was a little odd, because she was sitting on the floor dismantling some art project of Eve's, and Dave and I were just chatting, and then she just casually states "I love you, Mommy." I said, "I love you, too, Willa," and then to Dave, "You heard that too, right?"

She says all sorts of crazy things. She was making a sort-of-splashy noise in the car the other day- "Splsh!! Splsh!!" Eve kept asking Dave and I, "What does 'splsh' mean?" Dave, unhelpfully, suggested all sorts of silly answers. I suggested that she ask Willa. So she did, and Willa said, "Geyser water". Baaah! Of course! (We have posters of Old Faithful and Multnomah Falls side-by-side in our living room , so we have discussed how geyser water shoots UP, and waterfall water falls DOWN.)

No comments: