Eve and I were playing with her blocks the other day, and she asked me to build some "fogginess". Okay... So I built a meandering wall with some towers. She seemed pleased enough, but she stood with her toes nudged up against the wall and said, "I want to walk into it." So I reconfigured the wall to be a path. I wanted to put the towers back on, but she said, "No. It's just fine without any towers."
She likes to pretend that she is Santa, and she wants to meet Rudolph, so that is probably where the idea for "fogginess" came from.
My folks are in town for Christmas. On Tuesday, they accompanied Eve and I to her gymnastics class. On the way, she was singing "Away in a Manger" (although I had to clue Grandma and Papa in to it). Papa tried to sing along. Eve got mad, of course. You get so used to your kid's quirks that you assume everyone knows about them. Eve does not like to "sing along". She likes for me to sing (and I take requests- like "Sing the one about the hole!") And she likes to sing, but only by herself. I'm sure she'll grow out of it, like she grew out of referring to herself in the third person. For now, I'm happy to take turns.
Note- the "one about the hole" is the song that starts out, "There's a hole- in the middle of the ground-" and then there's a root in the hole, and a tree on the root, then a limb, a branch, a nest, an egg, and finally, a bird in the egg. Eve loves for me to sing this song (over and over) but sometimes interrupts to ask if I am almost almost to the bird yet.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment