Saturday, September 13, 2008

Say Cheese!

We had a special gathering of our playgroup on Friday to celebrate Eve's birthday. When I asked her to choose a theme (you know- like trains or bugs or even fairies) she chose... cheese. So we had a cheese party. Dave printed out some cheese pictures- we taped them up as decorations. I served a cheese and fruit platter, shells and cheese, a cake that sort of looked like a wheel of cheese with one wedge cut out, and cookies that looked like mice. And the goody bags had tags that looked like little slices of swiss cheese (I got all Martha-Stewart with a hole punch). The kids had a good time- it was a beautiful day, with just the right amount of sun & shade in our backyard, and they goofed around in the sandbox and the whee-house (which is really too small for these big kids, but that didn't stop them).

I have known these women and their children for almost three years, and they are an important part of our lives. We met at the Baby and Me group for new mothers, hosted by Good Samaritan Hospital, which is facilitated by a health educator. The best moment of the party for me was when my friend Christina reminisced about the time at the Baby and Me group when I asked the facilitator, "Exactly how much cheese is TOO much?" It's always been Eve's favorite food. My friends know her (and me) well enough to be unsurprised at the invitation to Eve's Cheese Party.

No comments: