Eve is officially potty-trained! We spent a week vacationing in Virginia, and she wore panties, ACCIDENT-FREE, the whole time. Frankly, I think she could have done this earlier. I think the inconsistency of pull-ups at school and panties at home was confusing the matter. Once we said, "Ok, panties all the time now," she knew that there wouldn't be any more back and forth. She did have an accident her first day back at school after our trip, which confirms my theory. But since then she's been fine at home and at school. She still wears a pull-up to bed, although I don't think she really needs it. Because of the layout of our house, we still don't feel comfortable taking the gate off her room, which means that she cannot access the bathroom in the middle of the night on her own. A couple of nights we tried putting her little potty chair in her room, which worked fine- and I can add "chambermaid" to my resume. Super. Anyway, we'll do nights when we're all ready. I'm just tickled that she stays dry all day.
Our trip was great in general, not just because of the potty triumph. We went to Virginia to see Dave's brother get married, but we also made it our big vacation for the year. Eve got some quality time with her Grandma and Papa R (who outdid themselves in their continuing effort to completely spoil her), as well as lots of other relatives who came in for the wedding. We spent a few days exploring Colonial Williamsburg (where Dave's brother and sister-in-law work), and a few days exploring other attractions in the vicinity. Eve wept when we left the Living Museum of Virginia.
Every night when I make dinner, Eve says, "I hope it has cheese. I like cheese." Yeah, kid, I know you like cheese. She also told Dave recently, "I will eat all the cheese in the whole world!"
Eve noticed a play area at a McDonalds today as we drove by. It was an outdoor play area, and it was a very rainy day. So we decided to go to the Burger King play area, which is way cooler anyway, and indoors. She kept talking about how we decided to go to the Burger Kingdom instead of Old MacDonald's. For some reason that just cracks me up.
I was unaware of this, but you can get macaroni and cheese, real pieces of actual apples, and milk or juice as a kids meal now (still comes with a crappy plastic toy, and a packet of caramel-flavored high-fructose corn syrup). But, real apples! I was pleasantly surprised.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment