Sunday, December 21, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside

Eve has a couple of running jokes (or catchphrases) that have been cracking us up. One is "What in the wild, wild world of sports is going on here?" She uses it with amazingly precise comic timing. The best example I can think of was on our recent trip to Seattle. Dave and I were tee-heeing about a "gym" we passed that was offering both pilates and pole-dancing classes. Eve chimed in with her catchprase, and we about peed our pants.

We've been stuck inside for the better part of a week and a half- first, Eve had a bad cold with a fever (that was December 10th), and just about the time she recovered, the snows started. Portland shuts down at the faintest rumor of snow. Dave measured SIX INCHES today, and it was still coming down. And a nice crust of ice to top it all off. Last week was especially hard because Dave was out of town. I am quite thankful to have him home (just in time, too, because the airport is a sorry place today- lots of cancelled flights). Anyway, I have some serious cabin fever. Making the best of it- got some cleaning done, made some Christmas cookies, but still... stir crazy.

With all this home-time, Eve has been watching an inordinate amount of TV. I'm trying to rein it in a little. It was relatively late in the day today when I allowed Eve to watch her first show. As she climbed onto the couch she sighed, "At last, I finally get a chance to SIT DOWN." Hee hee- I wonder who she's heard say that?

No comments: