I often tell my pie-child that she is as sweet as sugar, and that I want to eat her up. Her response, for as long as she's been able to talk, has been, "I'm not food! I'm a person!" Which always cracks me up. Well, now she's topped that one. Tonight, as I was buckling her into her carseat, I mentioned again that I wanted to just eat her up. Her response- "No, no- I would taste BITTER!"
She wrote her name today, all by herself. In the past few weeks, she has really started to be INTERESTED in letters. She very elaborately pretends to read, pointing to one word at a time. She got excited when she noticed an ornament that was a WORD (Noel). As with every milestone and stage, I feel like I'm really just a privileged observer, watching and reacting to her cues. The lights go on when SHE's ready to flip the switch herself.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment