Holy cow, Eve is turning 5 next month. For those of you who like to know these things, here's some data:
She is a perfect size 4.
She is enamored of the various types of miniature collectible worlds (eg, Littlest Pet Shop, Calico Critters, Playmobil, and so on).
Some of her favorite TV shows are the Wonder Pets, Olivia, Backyardigans, and Transformers.
She chose a fairy theme for her birthday party.
If you were hoping for more specific ideas, I can provide many more suggestions. She got ahold of a toy catalog and went through it with a marker. EVERY PAGE has something marked. This child has never met a toy she didn't like.
I went through her "notes" in the catalog, and one theme that stuck out was toys about taking care of animals. Probably 60% of the toys she noted could fall into that category- the little critter collectibles I noted earlier, plus the Breyer pony stuff, little kits that come with a stuffed animal and some accessories, etc, etc. Other things that show up repeatedly are things where kids can make real stuff, like sno cone makers, a sticker making machine, etc, etc. Also: craft supplies/activites, stuff for playing make believe, RC vehicles, and much more. Of course, these are just ideas. I go through this every time, wondering how gauche it is to put Eve's wish list on the internet... but I really just mean for it to be helpful for those who are interested in such things.
And if you're interested in what Willa is into these days, here are some of the things she likes:
mornings
her bouncy seat
bold patterns (especially on curtains)
Mommy
talking (lots of "ah-goo" and "ah-oh" and "haaah"- I'm trying to get her to say "mama")
trees
And things she doesn't like:
car rides
staying up late
napping in her crib
being left alone
waiting
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment