Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Two Months Already?

Willa is now 2 months old! She's been busy growing- she's already about 11 lbs (from a birth weight of 6 lbs 13 oz). She's still pretty crabby in the evenings, but it's not as bad as it was a couple of weeks ago. And the smiles make up for it anyway. Plus, she sleeps from about 9:45 pm until at least 5:30 am almost every night. This morning she slept until 6:30- that's over 8 hours, folks. Can't complain. And if we let her snuggle in with us after that morning feeding, she'll sometimes sleep for another couple of hours. Ahhh.

I really wanted the naps to be better, but we're still working on that. The same bassinet that she sleeps in so well all night long- she refuses to nap in it. I keep trying, anyway. Mostly, she ends up sleeping in her swing or carseat. Bad habits, perhaps, but I have to go with what works, in the end.

When you have a baby, you forget that other people think spit-up and poop are really gross. You even feel compelled to tell spit-up or poop stories on your blog.

The other day I was nursing Willa in the office, while Eve played computer games. Willa had a huge spit-up, all over me, herself, and the chair I was sitting in. I panicked a little and told Eve to run and get Daddy, which she did with alacrity. After we had cleaned up, Dave told me that Eve had come to him and said, "Daddy, you have to come quick! Mommy leaked all over the office chair!" He wasn't sure what to expect!

Ha ha ha ha ha! It's funny to me. Maybe I'll share a poop story sometime.

Willa thinks she is ready for solid food. Specifically: Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I was eating one the other day, and she was watching it intently. I took a piece and brought it toward her face (I know, Mother of the Year award material). She opened her mouth like a little birdie. I admonished her, "Willa, you can't have solid food until you master the pincer grasp." (Which actually isn't accurate- but I was caught off-guard). I made the pincer motions with my hands. And I'm not even kidding- she made her hands open and close. She REALLY wanted that candy.

I had a dentist's appointment today. My mom watched the girls for about two hours! Willa reportedly was not thrilled about being offered a bottle, but she did take about an ounce from it. I think I'd call that a success!

1 comment:

Mis & Steve said...

So happy to hear things are going well! I look forward to seeing you on Friday.