Thursday, October 6, 2011

OLABOTME

Willa continues to add words at an alarming rate. She says stuff like "backpack" and "umbrella". And little phrases, too. If something falls on the ground, she'll get it and say, "I got it." And we get "What's that?" all the time, which of course leads to more words. Someone (not me) taught her to high-five. She loves songs with motions, and knows little bits of several, which she will string together, so it goes something like "Spider spider... up above... round round".

Tonight, however, she was completely incoherent. She has been having trouble falling asleep lately, and today even the wizards at her daycare could not help her get down for a nap. No nap! Of course, when we got home she wanted to nurse, and promptly fell into a deep sleep. I just laid her on the rug and fixed dinner. But I thought we ought to get her up to eat dinner and be awake for a couple hours before bedtime. Well, she was not happy about being awoken. She flipped out and launched into a full-scale tantrum, complete with the flopping face-down on the ground, screaming, and thrashing about. Poor baby. But once she settled down, she ate a nice dinner and played happily for a long time.

Eve appears to be kicking butt and taking names at Kindergarten. I've been amazed at how much she has learned already. She is way more interested in writing than in reading. She'll write out long messages in her "semiphonetic" spelling- I'm getting pretty good at deciphering it. For example "OLABOTME" is "All About Me", and "HAUILOOC" is "How I Look".

No comments: