Sunday, November 27, 2011

Crowing

Willa said "submarine" today. She also came pretty close to saying "hippopotamus".

She also has a "story" she recalls over and over and likes to tell at the dinner table. It goes something like this:

(Points at the neighbor's roof)
"Wooshee gaga CROW!"

One time, I saw a crow over there!
"Hop! Hop!"It hopped around!
(slurping sounds)It drank out of the gutter!
"Caw! Caw!"You get the idea.
"Flew away." (waves sadly) "Bye-bye, Crow.":(

At this point, I always say that the crow lives in our neighborhood and we will see him again sometime, which seems to cheer her up. I haven't told her that sometimes the crow brings bits of roadkill up to Eli's roof and has a nasty little picnic up there. She'll be delighted when she sees that. Then we'll get to hear the story about when the crow ATE on the roof!

And, in Eve-related news, she now can count to 100 by 10s and by ones. The real trick is getting her to STOP counting (just kidding)... I assume that she will stop at some point. It IS pretty thrilling because she couldn't do that in September. And she's so pleased to have mastered it. Also, she can totally read and write now. I really should have learned by now that Eve does things on her own schedule, and usually right on time, all at once. It makes me wonder- if we had not scheduled a C-section, would she have casually flipped head-down ON her due date, like it was no big deal?

No comments: