Recently, I bought Eve a hat that looks like an Angry Bird (although the tag said "Plush Bird Hat" and it was only $2.50, so I think any resemblance to Angry Birds birds is "coincidental". Or "copyright infringish".) Anyway, it was one-size-fits-most, and is a little big for Eve. Nevertheless, she loves it.
We were at the grocery store today, and she was wearing the hat. It was flopping down in her eyes as she hung onto the front of the cart, and I recommended that she take her hat off. So as we were loading the groceries onto the checkout belt, her hat was in the cart, in the way. I grabbed it and put it on my head, mostly to get it out of the way, but also a little bit to push Eve's buttons.
Of course, she instantly protested. "Mo-om! That's MY hat!"
"I was just getting it out of the way!"
"But what about lice?"
"I checked your head this morning."
"Did you check your head?"
"Are you afraid that I have lice?"
"Well, if you do, now I'll get it from my hat!"
"Honey, where would I have picked up lice?"
Without skipping a beat, she said, "Book club."
I had no response for that. I gave her the hat back (as soon as I had my giggles under control). Fortunately, most of my book club friends are moms too, and I don't think they'd be offended.
And I'm glad that Eve is so vigilant about avoiding lice.
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You can let her know that I also check Maggie for lice quite often so if lice comes from book club it is not from me!! Great story:)
Post a Comment