Eve showed me how she can hop on one foot now. Granted, she has to hold onto something for balance, but she's hopping. On one foot.
She also can string pony beads onto a leather string, like any good boyscout. She spotted some of Dave's beads in his old scouting stuff downstairs, and was very curious about them.
We've been reading Shel Silverstein's "Where the Sidewalk Ends". Eve is fascinated by it, and has picked out a few favorite poems.
I was changing the other day, and Eve exclaimed, "You're naked!" "Yes, I am." "Like the guy!" Uh oh. Trying to stay calm, I asked, "What guy, Eve?" "The guy in the poem."
Phew. She means this one.
Inspired by Eve's interest in poetry, Dave read HIS favorite poem to us. It's part of the super-secret Order of the Arrow induction ceremony and I couldn't find it online. But it was lovely. And I love that even after almost 13 years, he still surprises me.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment