Saturday, August 23, 2008

So, I'm an enabler.

Eve's current obsession is STICKERS. I buy them by the THOUSANDS. Not exaggerating. She went through a pack of 2000 in less than a week. She came up with the idea of putting a sticker in each space of a calendar. So each calendar uses up approximately 400 stickers (not just 365, think about spaces, not days). In fact, she calls this activity her "spaces". As in, "Papa just sent me some new stickers! Where are my spaces?" I have discovered the best places in town to buy stickers, both in bulk (for everyday use), and fancy special-award type stickers. My new favorite store: Learning Palace. It's mostly stuff for teachers/homeschoolers, but boy, oh boy, do they have stickers. And nice craft supplies and some nifty toys, too. But mainly, stickers.

The child has almost exhausted Dave's supply of old train calendars. I have also found some hilariously bizarre old calendars at the "bins".

We went to see Portland Taiko and the Oregon Symphony at the park tonight, with Delia and her crew. It was an awesome evening, warm and clear, perfect for spreading out some blankets and picnicking with good friends, listening to some good music.

On the way home, I recited "Ourchestra", from Where the Sidewalk Ends. I changed a few words (on purpose). Eve piped up with the correct words. I guess I can't get anything by her.

No comments: