Friday, November 6, 2009

I'm not making this up.

Mommy? Are you listening? I want to tell you something.

Ok, Eve, what is it?

Once, I went down to the river to catch some fish. I caught something, but what could it be? I pulled and pulled, and it was... a mermaid! I looked at her face, I looked at her middle, I looked at her tail- she was a beautiful mermaid PRINCESS!

Wow- did you let her go?

Of course! But I followed her. I got my snorkeling gear, and got into my submarine, and I followed her into the deep water. I wanted to catch her on film. But I couldn't find her. I would have to look for nights and days. So I made a little bed, actually I had a bunk bed, and my bed was on the bottom, and I laid down and slept all night. Then I woke up, and I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich all up, mmm, and some chocolate milk.

And did you look for the mermaid some more?

Well, yes, but I didn't find her, but I was looking and looking, and then... I heard someone swoosh in the door of the submarine!

Who was it?

The mermaid! She didn't have a mommy, so I got to be her new mama. And we live in the submarine together. Her bed is on the top bunk, and I always help her get up there. We love to play princesses- she is a mermaid princess, and I am a walking princess. Sometimes we go swimming. And we always get to do whatever we want. The End.

Wow, Eve, that's a really good story.

Yeah, it is.

No comments: