Even if it seems like she is not paying attention, I think Eve listens pretty closely to conversations going on around her.
Last week, when I was feeling yucky, I told Dave he should make dinner for himself and Eve. He asked, "What do you think I should make?" And before I could say anything, Eve answered, "Hmmm... Pizza!" Can you guess what Dave made?
This week, I mentioned to Dave that my friend, Dennis, just got a new job. All of a sudden, Eve got very excited and started babbling about "Eve's other doctor". She thought I had said "dentist". She liked going to the dentist- he was gentle, and gave her a small pink hippo bath toy. But I just looked back at our records- she went to the dentist in JUNE. Is she supposed to remember things like that?
And in the "that's not what I had in mind, but OK" file:
I thought Eve might like to string beads, so I got some uncooked ziti and a piece of string. She did play with it as intended, for about 5 minutes. Then she discovered how to put a noodle on each finger of her hand, thus creating what we have dubbed the "crazy pasta hand". She loves to chase us around with her crazy pasta hand, and she'll sneak up and poke the poor cat.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment