Tonight, I had accidentally left some cookies on the table at dinnertime. Toddlers are not known for their self-control or sense of moderation, especially when it comes to delicious sugar-cookies with chocolate frosting and lots of sprinkles (Eve decorated them herself). "Eve needs cookie on the plate. Cookie right here. Coo-oo-oo-kie." "Eve, cookies are for dessert. Please eat some of your ravioli and peas." And she began eating her food, quite reasonably. I was quite pleased, I must say. Which made it all the funnier, when Eve announced a few minutes later, "Okay! Cookie time for Eve's mouth!" I couldn't really argue.
We were running low on Parmesan cheese, so when I was at the store I decided to buy the big container- we use it up pretty quickly around here. At dinner, I put both containers on the table, and the smaller container was soon emptied. Eve pointed out that there were two cheeses, one big and one small. Then she said, "Big one is better. Small one all gone." Can't argue with that, either.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment