Friday, October 5, 2007

She knows what she's talking about.

I suppose I might as well get used to it, but it still surprises me when Eve does or says something that I have not specifically taught her. For example:

Some socks were laying on the floor. She stepped on one with each foot. After sliding around on them for a minute, she announced, "Eve is skating!" Why, yes, funny girl, you ARE skating. But how did you know that?

Last week, in her bath, she was playing with a plastic medicine dropper, pretending to put medicine in it, and administering it to her rubber duckies. What surprised me was that she said, "Eve is a doctor." I had assumed that she was pretending to be a mommy, because **I** give her fluoride drops every day, and ibuprofen if her teeth are keeping her up at night.

I told her that being a doctor is good, but to also consider being a pharmacist.

And she learned something interesting at school this week. The theme was "trees". I asked her on the way home one day what she had learned about trees, and after a moment's consideration, she offered, "Trees help air." Why, yes, smart girt, they DO help the air.

No comments: